Want to know a secret? I’m in love with my SodaStream.
What’s so hilarious about this post is the way I came into my SodaStream. Eric (my boyfriend) is totally a no sugar kind of guy. Which is honestly, more than I can say for myself because I eat chocolate before bed. BUT ERIC? He’s all about sugar-free beverages. So when Christmas rolled around I KNEW it was going to be the perfect gift for him.
We weren’t going to see each other right on Christmas, so I decided to gift him the day before. (Also when I’m excited to give gifts I just CAN’T wait). I basically forced Eric to open his present and do you know what he said? “Do you want to see what I got you?” So he strolls into his room and guess what he comes out with… A SODASTREAM.
Yup. We were officially that couple.
But I have absolutely ZERO complaints. Why? Because I’m obsessed with my SodaStream. So naturally, I had to share with you all of my excitement. So I created this kick-ass video of my 10 favourite SodaStream recipes. Because hydration is important, OKAY?
(Skipped the video? Let me break down each recipe for you!)
These aren’t drink replacements per say, but a muddled sparkling water is DELICIOUS when you’re craving sugar but eating 10 mini Kit Kats is probably a bad option. (Lol, me) The best part? These muddled waters are SUPER easy to make. Why not feel like you’re drinking some glamourous spa water at home, right?
Here’s how you do it!
- Place your choice of fruits and herbs in the bottom of the glass.
- Using a spoon, or pestel, if you have one, begin to crush the fruit and herbs together.
- Add ice and fill with freshly carbonated SodaStream water.
- Top it off with a slim black straw and you’ve got some DELICIOUS water!
I always add ice on top of whatever fruit + herb combo I’ve crushed in my glass to try and deter the floating bits in my drink. But hey, it’s not the end of the world if they’re floating around!
Now that you’ve got the basics down, let me show you some of my favourite drink mixes!
WATERMELON + MINT
RASPBERRY + ORANGE
RASPBERRY + LIME
PINEAPPLE + MINT
ROSEMARY + WATERMELON
These are for my “I used to drink pop” people. I feel you. Sometimes I want an Orange Crush like no other. PINEAPPLE CRUSH? Game over. They have SO much sugar and processed crap in them and I’m really trying to cut that out of my diet. Cue the natural syrups! While these syrups may still have sugar in them they’re a WHOLE lot better for you than the processed sugar you’ll find in bottled drinks.
To start making your own syrups at home you’re going to need to do the following:
- Choose which fruits + herbs you’d like to make your syrup with. (1 Cup)
- Bring 1/2 Cup of water to a boil
- Add your fruits + herbs, and 2 Tbsp of Stevia
- Simmer for 2 minutes until the fruit is softened and the mixture looks sticky . (Because we’re using Stevia I would take a spoonful out about 1 minute in and do a taste test to your liking!)
- Pour the syrup through a strainer to catch all the fruit + herbs. Press the remaining fruit to get every last drop of flavour.
- Pour your mix into a jar and store in your fridge for up to 4 weeks!
How freaking simple right?! Most syrup recipes are made with CUPS of sugar, but that’s a definite no for me. So using Stevia is such a great alternative.
Now that you know the basics, here are some flavour combos that I’ve absolutely been LOVING recent!
LEMON + GINGER
STRAWBERRY + BASIL
BLUEBERRY + SAGE
MANGO + LIME
CHERRY + VANILLA
That’s it, friends! 10 yummy SodaStream recipes that you can make SUPER easily. Make sure to tag me in your creations so I can see all of your yummy drinks.
Until next time! xo
PS – I would LOVE to hear all your questions, struggles, or problems you might have when it comes to blogging, branding, video, website design, pitching, growing your following, and more! Please share your thoughts in this quick survey so I can serve you better! I am SO excited to hear from you.